The Pakistan Business Professional Council is pleased to support the Canadian Business Council Abu Dhabi – Energy Sector is organizing a workshop on CCUS and H2 Business Towards Net Zero – Opportunities & Challenges.
Why attend the workshop:
- Receive inputs and recommendations for COP28 regarding feasible pathways towards net-zero.
- Learn from the experts regarding the commercial solutions, opportunities, and challenges of implementing CCUS and Hydrogen to reduce or eliminate the emissions to atmosphere.
- Network with decision makers, contributors, and experts in the field from the UAE, Canadian government and private sector.
Objectives of the workshop: The objectives of the workshop will be reached by presenting the following topics:
- CCUS Projects Overview, existing, planned, and net zero share and/or gap.
- Renewable energy projects, existing, planned, and net-zero share and/or gap.
- Hydrogen technologies, commercial technologies overview, opportunities, and challenges.
- Commercial CO2 capture technologies overview, opportunities, and Challenges.
- Building large scale CO2 capture plants, opportunities, and challenges from EPC companies point of views.
- CCUS and H2 applied research and development, opportunities, and challenges.
- Carbon storage and monitoring; existing projects, planned projects, opportunities, and challenges.
- Understanding the Reservoir for CCS
- UAE’s clean energy projects and business strategy towards net zero.
- Existing financial programs for clean energy business.
- Policy and Finance for Clean Energy Projects.
- Omar Al Mehairi, VP Strategy, ADNOC Offshore
- Dr. Ahmed Aboudheir, President, Aboudheir Consulting
- Dr. Mohammad Abu Zahra, Head of Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region, Global CCS Institute
- Dr. Malek Al-Chalabi (PhD, DiC, AFHEA, Oxon), Senior Advisor – Carbon Pricing, Climate and Carbon Policy and Advocacy
- Rawad Barazanji, Process & Process Safety Team Team Leader at Sharjah National Oil Corporation (SNOC).
- Robin Mills, CEO, Qamar Energy
- Dr. Lourdes Vega, Director of the Research and Innovation Center on CO2 and Hydrogen (RICH) at the Khalifa University of Science and Technology, and Acting Senior Director at Petroleum Institute
- AmCham Abu Dhabi
- British Chamber of Commerce Abu Dhabi
- Canadian Business Council Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Business Council Abu Dhabi
- Date: 05 September 2023
- Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Venue: Park Rotana Abu Dhabi
- Dresscode: Business attire / national dress
- PBPC members: AED 250
- Non-PBPC members: AED 350
- Ticket prices include coffee breaks, and international buffet lunch.
- Ethyl Suriba
- +971 501124267