The Pakistan Business Professional Council Abu Dhabi in collaboration with the AmCham Abu Dhabi invites you for an in-person event on Sustainability, ESG and Finance: Key Imperatives for the C–Suite in partnership with IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants), including other Abu Dhabi Business Councils and Chamber.
Despite the realization that environmental, social and governance (ESG) imperatives are clearly linked to organizational value creation, clear-cut implementation remains a challenge for CFOs and their organizations. There is a clear trade-off between short-term performance and the achievement of sustainability goals that will create long-term value for the organization and its shareholders. While CFOs realize that they need to embrace the trade-offs, the consensus on how to do so remains unclear. Just how ready are organizations and their leaders to take advantage of the opportunity? Is there a significant gap between the need to improve sustainability reporting, sustainability programs, and organizations’ ability to respond?
This session will examine key elements now impacting the finance and accounting (F&A) profession and attempt to highlight the roadmap that better aligns sustainability practices and ESG from a F&A perspective. Russ Porter will dive into these emerging areas of importance to investors, customers, and regulators to explore a roadmap that will help the CFO and his team safeguard the interests of their companies and the challenges they stand to face in making the transition.
- How to get ahead of sustainability and ESG issues and help shape the future
- How to involve the finance function in both the macro and micro sustainability and ESG ecosystems of organizations.
- Keys to designing and implementing optimal policies given those ecosystem conditions.
CFO and Senior Vice President for Strategy, Technology and Analytics at IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants)
In-Person Event Details:
- Date: Monday, September 12, 2022
- Time: 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Venue: Auditorium, InterContinental Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Entry: PBPC Members and Non-Members AED 100
Participating Business Groups:
- Australian Business Group Abu Dhabi
- British Chamber of Commerce Abu Dhabi
- Canadian Business Council Abu Dhabi
- Indian Business & Professional Group Abu Dhabi
- Philippine Business Council Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Business Professional Council Abu Dhabi
- It is an in-person event, not a hybrid.
- To attend and access the venue, all attendees must present their Al Hosn Green Pass.