To combat the global outbreak of the COVID-19, PBPC Abu Dhabi offers guidance on Health, Travel, Lifestyle, and Business & Finance related issues to the Council’s members and the community at large.
Updates are happening hourly around the globe and it is important to seek accurate information from reliable sources that support informed decision making. Here are some reliable resources that are being constantly updated:
- World Health Organisation
- Ministry of Health and Prevention
- Department of Health Abu Dhabi
- UAE Government services 24 hours
Protect yourself and others from COVID-19
If COVID-19 is spreading in your community, stay safe by taking some simple precautions, such as physical distancing, wearing a mask, keeping rooms well ventilated, avoiding crowds, cleaning your hands, and coughing into a bent elbow or tissue. Check local advice where you live and work. Do it all!
You also find out more about WHO’s recommendations for getting vaccinated on our public advice page on COVID-19 vaccines.
People will have to prove they have been screened for Covid-19 to visit many public places in Abu Dhabi, under new rules starting on Tuesday, June 15.
Abu Dhabi: A colour coding system will now reflect the user’s vaccination status and PCR test validity on Al Hosn app.
is offering a free Sinopharm booster dose to those who received their second dose at least six months ago. The free booster is available by walk-in at any of the 100+ vaccination centres across #AbuDhabi.
UAE Covid vaccine: Booster Sinopharm shots now available at over 100 centres in Abu Dhabi
Residents in Abu Dhabi who took the second dose of the Sinopharm vaccine at least six months ago are now eligible to receive booster shots. Read More…
What to do to keep yourself and others safe from COVID-19
- Maintain at least a 1-metre distance between yourself and others to reduce your risk of infection when they cough, sneeze or speak. Maintain an even greater distance between yourself and others when indoors. The further away, the better.
- Make wearing a mask a normal part of being around other people. The appropriate use, storage and cleaning or disposal are essential to make masks as effective as possible.
Here are the basics of how to wear a mask:
- Clean your hands before you put your mask on, as well as before and after you take it off, and after you touch it at any time.
- Make sure it covers both your nose, mouth and chin.
- When you take off a mask, store it in a clean plastic bag, and every day either wash it if it’s a fabric mask, or dispose of a medical mask in a trash bin.
- Don’t use masks with valves.
- For specifics on what type of mask to wear and when read our Q&A and watch our videos. There is also a Q&A focused on masks and children.
- Find out more about the science of how COVID-19 infects people and our bodies react by watching or reading this interview.
- For specific advice for decision-makers, see WHO’s technical guidance.
Host Country Update:
Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine approved for use in Abu Dhabi…
See below the list of vaccinations center, by Appointment only.
Check travel updates and information about repatriation flights on the following websites:
- General Civil Aviation Authority
- Etihad Airways
- Emirates Airline
- Fly Dubai
- Air Arabia
- Abu Dhabi Airport
- Dubai Airports
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
Dubai’s flagship airline Emirates announced on Thursday that it will launch a new service to Miami.
The four-times-a-week service between Florida’s second-largest city and Dubai will begin on July 22, expanding the carrier’s US network to 12 destinations.
- Other nations include Germany, US, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Britain, Sweden, Switzerland
New protocol effective from tomorrow, May 3
COVID-19: Oman’s Civil Aviation Authority says carriers must ensure passengers adhere to safety requirements
Conditions include testing all passengers upon their arrival
29 countries can now travel quarantine-free