Pakistan Business Professional Council Abu Dhabi’s
Annual Activity Report for the year 2016
Dear Respected Members,
During the year, the Council organized the following events, meetings and other activities, for your information:
Events of National | Social | Networking Events
- Lunch Gathering hosted Mr. & Mrs. Inam Ul Haq Khan and Mr. & Mrs. Nayyer Hameed at Heritage Park.
- 11thInternational Urdu Mushaira 2016. The PBPC supported the 11th International Urdu Mushaira 2016 that was held in Al Jaheli Theatre, Armed Forces Officers Club, Abu Dhabi on 3rd March 2016.
- Exclusive Business Events with Government Bodies.We have collaborated with the Abu Dhabi Ports, Khalifa Industrial Zone (Kizad), Abu Dhabi Terminals (ADT) and the Pakistan Embassy for an exclusive opportunities for our members to introduce the operational efficiencies and unparalleled offerings of Khalifa Port and its industrial and logistics hub, Kizad that was held on 13th March 2016 at Park Hyatt Hotel, Saadiyat Island.
- 2ndCricket Tournament. We have organized a cricket tournament with 4 participating teams at Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi that was held on 25th March 2016.
- PBPC Ladies Chapter Event. The PBPC Ladies Chapter has organized a Dinner & Music Night at Park Rotana Hotel, Abu Dhabi on 28thApril 2016.
- Special Gathering. In honor of the Ambassador of Pakistan H.E. Asif Durrani, we have arranged farewell dinner and recognized his leadership and contribution as the Chairman of the Council held on 3rdJune 2016 at Intercontinental Hotel, Abu Dhabi.
- 11thPBPC Annual General Meeting. Our Annual General meeting continues for its eleventh year and was held on 03 June 2016 at Intercontinental Hotel
- PBPC Iftar Dinner at H.H. Sheikh Nahyan Mubarak Al Nahyan Palace on 21 June 2016.
- PBPC Visit to Mausoleum of the Father of the Nation (Late) H.H. Sheikh Zayed on 24 June 2016.
- 1stPBPC Bowling Tournament. We have organized a bowling tournament with four participating teams at the Emirates Village, Marina Mall on 28thJuly 2016.
- Participated in Khaleej Times Special Supplement in celebration of Pakistan Independence Day.
- Khabardar Show. PBPC in collaboration with Vision Next Media Advertising organized a comedy show that was held on 1stSeptember 2016 at Abu Dhabi Chamber Auditorium.
- Supported Event: RCCI International Achievement Awards. The PBPC supported the Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce & Industry’s event held in Dubai, with the gracious presence of H.H. Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, as the Chief Guest and the Ambassador of Pakistan and Chairman of the Council, H.E Moazzam Ahmad Khan on 25thSeptember 2016
- Supported Event: ICAP CFO Annual Conference. The PBPC supported The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan’s keynote speaker and Ambassador of Pakistan and Chairman of the Council, H.E. Moazzam Ahmad Khan.
- DED Business Protection Seminar. The President, on behalf of the PBPC addressed to the participants of the seminar and other members of the Business councils participated in the DED Business Protection Seminar that was held on 6thOctober 2016 at DED Conference room.
- Pakistan Property Exhibition at ADNEC. We participated in the Pakistan Property Exhibition during the 8thedition of the International Real Estate & Investment Show (IREIS) 2016 that was held on 27-29 October 2016 at ADNEC, Abu Dhabi.
- PBPC Exclusive Cruise Dinner. We have organized the 2ndPBPC Cruise Dinner along the Abu Dhabi shoreline on 10thOctober 2016. The Ambassador of Pakistan and Chairman of the Council were present during the cruise along with over 50 PBPC members and guests.
- Distribution of Greeting Cards – Season’s Greetings. We have distributed greetings cards to the members, government agencies and other business councils.
Joint Business Council Events
The Council participated in different social and networking events for the members along with other Business Councils including but not limited to Australian Business Council, BeNeLux Business Council, British Business Council, Canadian Business Council, French Business Council, German Business Council, IBWG Business Council, Philippine Business Council and Swiss Business Council (Dubai and Abu Dhabi).
- Joint Business after Hour at Stratos, Royal Le Meridien
- Abu Dhabi Global Market Update at ADGM Auditorium, Al Maryah Isalnd, Abu Dhabi
- Young Executive Evening at Bentley Bistro, The Galleria Mall, Abu Dhabi
- Festive Networker at Bar One, Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi
- Year-Ender Joint Business after Hour at Vasco’s Terrace, Hilton Corniche Hotel
Rest assured that the council will continue doing the same events for our members to have the opportunity to network and promote the Council.
Other Important Events attended by the President and other Members
- World Today Business Conclave. The Council was invited to be a Partner of the World Today Business Conclave and the President was invited to be a speaker at the said summit that was held on 29thMay 2016 at Ritz Carlton Hotel, Abu Dhabi.
- South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) Conference, Lahore Pakistan. A delegation of 6 members of the Council attended the SAFA Conference hosted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) in Lahore, Pakistan on 30 & 31 January 2016.
- The CEO Club Annual Red Carpet Gala Dinner. A Gala Dinner in celebration of the CEO Club’s 10th year Anniversary was attended by the President on 5th March 2016 in Dubai.
- Launch of The Mohammed bin Rashed Al Maktoum Endowment Initiative held on 22 March 2016 at Ritz Carlton Dubai. The event is honored in the presence of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- CEO Club’s Exclusive Diplomatic Dinner was held on 20 April 2016 at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, Abu Dhabi.
- All together in the Emirates of Zayed. an event held under the patronage and presence of His Excellency Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Culture and Knowledge Development that was held on 29thApril 2016 at Al Dab Camp.
- 10thyear Abu Dhabi Terminal Celebration Dinner was held on 17 May 2016 at Rosewood Hotel, Al Maryah, Abu Dhabi.
- Chairman’s Reception, a Networking eventhosted by the Australian Business Council was held on 24th May 2016 at her residence.
- “Culture and Knowledge for All”event organized by the Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development that was held on 31 May 2016 at Dhusit Thani Hotel.
- Hamza Akram Qawwal and Brother Show, a private concert of Hamza Akram Qawwal and Brothers was held on 9thSeptember 2016 at City Seasons Al Hamra Hotel.
- Swiss Business Council Award and Gala Dinner. The President attended the Swiss Business Council Award and Gala Dinner that was held on 17th October 2016 at Rosewood Hotel, Abu Dhabi.
- Dinner in honor of the Federal Minister of Housing & Works of Pakistan. PBPC President and Executive Vice-President were invited to the dinner in honor of H.E. Akram Khan Durrani, Federal Minister of Housing & Works of Pakistan. The dinner was hosted by H.E. Khan Zaman, ADDCI Board member and PBPC Board member in Ibrahimi Restaurant last 28th October 2016.
- CEO Clubs Delegation to meet The President of Fiji in Abu Dhabi. PBPC President was invited to be part of the CEO Clubs delegation to meet the President of Fiji. A lunch meeting was held during the state visit of H.E. Major General Jioji Konousi Konrote on 3rd November 2016 at Al Fahim Majilis, Abu Dhabi. The meeting has been hosted by the CEO Clubs network to explore the business & investment opportunities available in Fiji.
- 15thyear Anniversary for establishing Abu Dhabi Businesswomen Council and Emirates Business Women Council. The event was held on 8th November 2016 at Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi. H.H. Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak graced the event, with the theme of “Businesswomen…from Establishment to Empowerment”.
- 26thInter School Quiz Competition of English Islamia School Abu Dhabi. The President was invited to be the Chief Guest of the 26th Inter School Quiz Competition that was held on 9 November 2016.There were 6 participating schools, and among the 6 participants, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Arab Pakistan School won the competition.
Business | Corporate Meetings
- Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce & Industry (ADCCI)
- March 15, 2016 – H.E. Muhammed Helal Al Muhairi, Director General
- August 21, 2016 – H.E. Helal Mohamed Al ameli, Acting Director General
- December 6, 2016 – H.E. Ebraheem Mahmoom Mohamed Al Mahmood, First Vice Chairman and H. E. Muhammed Helal Al Muhairi, Director General
- Pakistan Super League (PSL)
- January 17, 2016 – Najam Sethi, Chairman PSL
- Abu Dhabi Ports /KIZAD
- February 16 and March 6, 2016 – Amal Mor, Marketing Events Director Specialist
- Abu Dhabi Terminals (ADT)
- February 16 and March 6, 2016 – Yasir Nasim, Customer Service Manager and Ms. Annemarie Fransseen, Communication & Branding Manager
- Pakistan Association Dubai (PAD)
- January 6, 2016 – Zia Ul Hassan, PAD President
- Punjab Board of Investment & Trade
- January 30, 2016 – H.E. Jalal Hassan, Senior Vice President
- Lahore Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- February 1, 2016 – Mr. Almas Hayder, Senior Vice President
- URS Media Consulting, PTL
- March 26, 2016 – Raja Shukal, Country head & Principal Partner
- Department of Economic Development (DED)
- May 11, 2016 – Fahad Al Gergawi, CEO Dubai Investment Development Agency and Mohammed Shael Al Saadi, CEO Business Development & Strategy Sector
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP)
- August 4, 2016 – Mr. Nadeem Yousuf Adil, President
- Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce & Industry (RCCI)
- August 15, 2016 – Mr. Mian Humayun Parvez, President
- Pakistan Business Council Dubai – Board of Directors
- October 9, 2016 – Mr. Ahmed Shaikhani, President
- Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX)
- November 30, 2016- H.E. Rashed Al Balooshi, Chief Executive
- Ministry of Economy
- December 7, 2016 – H.E. Abdulla Al Saleh, Undersecretary
- Ministry of Finance
- December 27, 2016 – H.E. Younis Al Khoori, Undersecretary
- Karachi Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- December 29, 2016 – Mr. Shamim Ahmed Firpo, President
PBPC Board Meetings and Other Meetings
- Executive Board – 7 Meetings
- Program and Membership Committee – 14 meetings
- School Committee – 4 meetings
- Cricket Committee – 3 meetings
As you can see from the above activities, 2016 was indeed a very busy year for the Council. Having said this, the council can say that it has achieved its objectives.
Also, the council is in the process of organizing an event, in collaboration with Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) wherein everyone will have opportunities of investment in ADX.
In support for The Diabetic Centre in Islamabad, under the leadership of Dr. Asjad Hameed, the Council is organizing a Dinner for a Cause in support of the Centre to provide medical facilities. On this occasion, the council is requesting all members and friends to attend and support The Diabetic Centre.
With best wishes and regards,
Dr. S. Qaiser Anis
President, Pakistan Business Professional Council
Abu Dhabi, UAE